Xcode 9 Beta 5 on High Sierra Beta 6

Hi,

I currently using Xcode 9 Beta 5 on High Sierra Beta 6 to updated my Apps for Swift 4 and iOS 11...

But after I launch an App on Simulator or Device launchd_sim eats up all CPU.

It only goes down when I quit Xcode and restart it...

Anyone solution for this?

Thanks,

Stefan

Replies

As an addition:

You don't even need to start the Simulator. Just open XCode and launchd_sim eats all CPU 😠

More Additions:

After some starts XCode 9 is building the projct in cycle 😟

XCode 8.3.3 works fine

Hi

I'm facing the same issue with Xcode 9 beta 5 on macOS 10.12.6 😟

m.

@Urkman looks like the beta 6 fixed this issue: the first few minutes of running the new version were also showing intense CPU utilization from Xcode (but not by the "launchd_sim" process, but the Xcode process itself), but then it eventually calmed down and now it's running stable.

launchd_sim is the parent process for each Simulator that is booted. It is normal for it to use some CPU while starting up. How much depends on your hardware and what else is happening on the machine.

If it continously uses CPU for a long time it probably means one of the Simulator launchd jobs is crashing repeatedly. There were several of these issues fixed in beta 6. If you continue to see problems in beta 6 please file a radar and attach the output of "xcrun simctl diagnose", then reply here with the radar # and we will look into it.

Hi,

I am using

iOS 11.0

Xcode 9.0

Appium 1.7.0

when i try to launch my app in real device (iOS 11.0) i am getting an error saying "org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Unable to start WebDriverAgent session because of xcodebuild failure: "Could not proxy command to remote server. Original error: Error: socket hang up". Make sure you follow the tutorial"

Note: I am running the appium through command prompt and the version of macOS i am using is 10.12.6.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

That has nothing to do with this thread topic. Please start a new thread.