Beta 5 has broken my Safari, Mail, and App Store

When I installed High Sierra Beta 5 on my early 2011 MacBook Pro I can't load pages in safari, the App Store doesn't load and the contents of emails don't load.

Any Solutions?

Replies

I have the same issue. Worried I won't be able to get updates via the App Store because it doesn't load. Seems like something with WebKit?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I had the same problem. I had to do a command-R after shutting down and then make sure my WIFI was working. Do the install the MacOS. It will take some time depending of your internet speed. I had a lot of calcuating of time remaining due to some transmission issues I was experiencing. I am wondering when we will have a functioning version of iTunes 12.7.

I have the same issue. Just installed the latest beta from the App Store update button and now Safari doesn't work and the App Store no longer works.

Hopefully all have backups - backed upped from time machine to previous beta - and all is well again. Hopefully beta 6 will work.

I'm hoping for a work around or fix. I don't have a backup since previous beta crashes machine in APFS driver anytime I tried Time Machine backup. :/

It’s hard for me to believe this is just happening to us few... anyone try and reinstall?

The download from the beta page is a small utility that runs and then launches the App Store to do the actual install and the App Store no longer works. So I'm not sure how I can even install a new beta when 6 comes out.

if you haven’t done the recovery yet, it looks like even though the app store and safari are broken, it’ll still pull the update so just wait and you’ll get the prompt that updates need to be installed and ask to restart. 🙂

Thanks - I did wind up doing reboot + command R last night. Just testing now and it's fixed now. I saw also dawidgiertuga posted a new thread with instructions on updating from command line.

Solution has been found. -> https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/84905

Go into terminal and type in 'sudo softwareupdate -d -a' and type in your password.
Once it's finished type 'sudo softwareupdate -i -a'