ERROR ITMS-90502: "Invalid Bundle. Apps that only contain the arm64 slice must also have 'arm64' in the list of UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in Info.plist."

I get this error each time when I try to upload my iOS 11 only App to iTunes Connect:

ERROR ITMS-90502: "Invalid Bundle. Apps that only contain the arm64 slice must also have 'arm64' in the list of UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in Info.plist."

I have added

<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
<array>
<string>arm64</string>
</array>

to every Info.plist of my targets already!

I also have set valid architectures in my build configuration to arm64 only.

I am using Xcode 9 beta 5.

Any idea how to fix that? Why does it not work even though I added UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities?

• We uploaded an app where in the first version we added to devise capabilities “telephony” to restrict only iPhone devices in the info plist. In the second version, we forgot to add “telephony” and we submitted it to the App store. The third version we are planning to upload with device capabilities as “telephony” but while submitting to the App Store it shows the warning: This bundle is invalid. The key UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in the Info.plist may not contain values that would prevent this application from running on devices that were supported by previous versions. How can we resolve this issue, if we require the device capability “telephony” for application lifetime, but due to my mistake on the second version we forgot to add the required device capabilities? What is the solution for it? Thanks in advance.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

I figured out that I did not have UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in all of my targets. After adding it to all targets it worked.

Replies

Same here, I made a simple iMessage Extension App and I keep getting the same error. Happened in Xcode 9 beta 5 and I rebuilt the app in Xcode 8.3.3 and still the same problem. Tried every possible combination I could see from other posts on the web that solved this. Build Active Architectures Only are set to Yes on Debug and No on Release. All of my valid architectures are set to arm64. I've been going between armv7 and arm64 on the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in the Info.plst even tried in the Info.plst for the Extension which I had to add the key.

Responded to another post like this two days ago who had the issue with a test Sticker App. Had the same problem but just went back to armv7 on the Info.plst and it worked (with arm64 only for the Valid Architectures and Yes with the Debug and No on Release for Build Active Architectures Only). I did it, nothing worked.

If I can't get anything, I'll just have to wait till iOS 11 and Xcode 9 goes gold and try then. Very Frustrating

Thank you for your answer. Good to hear I am not the only one with the problem. I also tried all the things you mentioned already. Time to open a radar 😐

I figured out that I did not have UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in all of my targets. After adding it to all targets it worked.

Tried that setting arm64 under Build Settings under Project and Targets

The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities are under both Info.plist

Still not working for me.

I had to set UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities to arm64 in all Targets. This includes App Extensions.

Thanks, I missed the app extension target. On a side note, while searching for the solution, I noticed many claims that frameworks also need this key. Which is (currently for my iOS app) not true.

Just to follow up. I tried everything and nothing worked. I think I went back to the old plist set up and then when the official X code 9 went Gold it worked. So it was something on Apple's end.

I have the same problem. But this didn‘t worked for me. Please help I searched for hours and nothing works. Can‘t understand why this error comes, didn‘t change anything in plist. Yesterday it worked and now it doesnt. Is there any option to go back and have the same code files like the last app Version? Achive is still there with the older ones.

I ran into the same problem today on my sample app which I have not changed since it was uploaded successfully 2 days ago using fastlane and match.

I have now run into this problem over and over again. Even when editing the plist as asked, I still receive the same error.

This is very frustrating when nothing has actually changed. I need to push out this update and this is holding me up.

My assumption is this is an issue on Apple's side or they started to enforce something and has caused a lot of problems.

Same as above three app was submitted yesterday and approved.

And today we run into this problem. Tried lot of permutation and combination still facing the same issue.

I'm also having the same problem as of ~ 7 PM EST Feb 21. An app that I submitted just fine to ITC this morning, now refuses to be accepted by the transporter, coming back with the above mentioned error. Of course nothing in the Info.plist or .xcodproj settings have changed between the two builds yet it won't be uploaded. Strangely, another app that I just tried to upload worked fine. The one that failed for me is a tvOS app. Are your failures also tvOS or are they iOS as well?

We are facing the same issue today. Same application gone through iTunes Connect and apple approved it.

But today iTunesConnect throwing error while submitting:

Please help!!! We have tried all the options available on internet by adding arm64 to all plist, still no luck.

Same here, started getting this error 2/21 afternoon Pacific time. Tried a version with only version and build number updated since the most recent approved release (from yesterday) still the same error. Adding the plist entry didn't help either.

Is there anyone from Apple looking into this?