Sleep mode behaves differently

hi, I’m running 15J5333f

When I first installed the 11 beta, I noticed that my display would not sleep when the ATV4 would. The display was clearly powered on, it stayed illuminated.

on tvOS 106 and earlier, the screen would sleep properly, it sleeps properly on my Gen 3 ATV now, which is how I tested. I also have my standard production ATV4 with public release tvOS 10 and the screen sleeps properly as it always has.

so...looks like some change in sleep behavior has been implemented that is causing my legacy display to no longer sleep.

display used is a Dell ST2320Lf rev A01 connected by HDMI cable (tried a different cable, too, to confirm that wasn’t the cause)

anyone else seeing this behavio?

Replies

I am experiencing the same exact behavior.

On tvos 10 my receiver and projector shutdown automatically some time after the apple tv goes to sleep but on tvos 11 beta they won't turn off automatically anymore. I am about to downgrade back to tvos 10 because of this annoying bug as I rely too much on this feature to automatically turn off my projector if I fall asleep while watching something.

I'm experiencing the same issue with my monitor (iiyama E2710HDS) connected through HDMI to ATV with latest tvOS 11 public beta installed, although it worked with tvOS 10 just fine. It stays on after Apple TV goes into suspend mode. I tried a few different cables to rule out faulty connection.