installing beta is a nightmare

Again this latest beta is a nightmare to install, as was the previous ones. Updated profile, downloaded in 5 min, preparing install and there it sits, restatrts , cant find apple watch, preparing........ preparing........ preparing ........... epic failure

Replies

Hi LaraCroft835,

Thanks for your post - I'm sorry you're having trouble updating to the latest build. Can you file a bug report? We are investigating, but it would be very helpful to file a bug report with additional logging. Please read the instructions for sysdiagnose logging here:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?platform=watchos

Reproduce the problem as best you can and file an issue using the bug reporter. That'll help with getting important information to understand what's happening on your device.

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

We could use a sysdiagnose from both your iPhone and Apple Watch.

Thanks!

-nick

Beta 4 is also stuck on "Preparing..." for me, so this isn't a isolated issue.

Here it fails to "download into the watch" and tells me to open the app… which is already opened (the Watch app on the iPhone).

Original Watch hardware, had no issues with the previous betas.

The above holds for anyone having issues - bug reports and logs are very valuable in every case. Feel free to reply back here with a bug # too - we can follow up if needed.

Thanks!

-nick

Wonder if they pulled it. I don’t even see beta 4 available.

Having issues with stuck on preparing too

My update took nearly two hours but it completed.

I was hitting all of the usual roadblocks - “Cannot connect to Apple Watch” and the Profile disappearing from the watch after rebooting the watch. Tried 4-5 times without success. Finally, I tried a new wrinkle. When you install the Profile on the Apple Watch via the iPhone Watch app, it asks you to reboot the phone immediately, When I did that the first few times, the Profile got deleted. So, this time I said ”No, I will do it later.”. I then checked and the Profile was still there, I rebooted manually, and it was still there. Then I went to Software Update in the Watch App on the phone. And this time I did not get the “Cannot Connect to Apple Watch” message. It just opened the normal update page. I hope they fix this for the public general update.

I tried this and manually restarted the watch - twice. After the second restart, the download started to take. I'm up to "Downloading to Watch" now. Thanks.

Documentation and API Reference crashing everytime. Where is WKWebKit? - Supposed to be in object library but isn't. Where are the object library objects for PDFKit?

I am stuck on ‘Preparing’ after also having difficulties of communication between the watch and the phone. But after reinstalling the profile and a few reboots of my iPhone 6s it downloaded to the watch reasonably quick (20 mins). Stuck in ‘Preparing’ now however for at least an hour and a half.

The watch is on the charger and within 30 cm of the phone.

Does it just take this long? Or is there something I can do?

I Can load the diagnostics setting if it fails, but at the moment I don’t know exactly how long it will take or if it is stuck.

Any hints on how to get past this would be appreciated...

i restarted both iPhone and watch after another filed attempt (but no warning/error) but now cannot find the Watch again...

Will try and submit a bug report from my iPhone.

I don’t have my MacBook near, so used the feedback App. Report #3160884

@uchida

I had this problem as well, and at onze time going to airplane mode and toen removiong airplane mode VROM both iPhone and Watch solied it. Just in case this is a fix otters can use.

One thing I noticed was that because I've updated the iPhone first, the Watch was connected to the iPhone, but everything was awfully slow. For example, I had no weather on the main screen, but opening the weather app eventually, after some minutes, loaded the configured weather for the multiple cities, and started showing the temperature on the main face.

Same by going to the watch app on the iPhone, changing the colour of the hand, and it would change only after several minutes.

In other words, I'm pretty sure either the iPhone or the communication with the Watch were completely busy with something else.

So I waited a bit (two TV series), restarted both devices, restarted, and the download did proceed.

It then got stuck on the "preparing". So I went to bed, left both devices connected to charging, and in the morning the phone told me the watch was updated.

I woke the watch, and it still shown the apple logo. I though "on no, I've bricked it", but then it started showing the dashes and after some other 5 minutes, the watch was updated and usable.

So I guess the trick is just to be patient, very very very patient. Specially if it's the original watch.

Unfortunately I had no time to grab some logs or additional profiles.