watchOS 4b3 (via iOS 11 beta 3) "could not connect to apple watch"

(This happened when watchOS4ß2 dropped, too. I'd resorted to completlet restoring my watch to make it install. I'd rather not repat this.)

I keep getting "could not connect to apple watch" when trying to check for updates for my Watch. It seems an odd complaint for a watch I can cleary see is indeed connected to my iPhone. I even turned off all the "report usage" options on the devices.

Suggestions?

iPhone 6s

Watch 1st gen

Replies

Hi j0rn,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you please file a bug report with a sysdiagnose from both Apple Watch and iPhone so we can have someone investigate?

Thanks!

Erik

I had the same thing all day yesterday and this morning. Finally work the last time I tried late morning.

Is it an irony, or a coincidence, that I get "Could Not Connect to Apple Watch" when trying to install this profile. 😕

I got an odd message when updating (after +20x trying to find/connect) that if you change your watch now, all starts from beginning (I have 2 watches). After I changed automatic switching from Watch app, and update was working fine. (The other watch was not nearby or even in same area).