iOS 11 beta 3 decreased battery life

I updated today at 10 a.m. local time and by 17:00 i got like 29 percent battery life without using the phone . Next i am going to look into the Activity Monitor to see what is causing this battery drainage. Has anybody encountered the same problem? I got an Iphone 7 plus.

Accepted Reply

>Has anybody encountered the same problem?

Early betas are routinely notorious for lacking release-level power management. If this is an issue for you, best to avoid those and wait until later in the beta cycle.

Replies

>Has anybody encountered the same problem?

Early betas are routinely notorious for lacking release-level power management. If this is an issue for you, best to avoid those and wait until later in the beta cycle.

on b1 on my ipad i had this type of battery drain.

i Turned off imessages icloud sync and then it was pretty good again.not sure if thats fixed on b3 or not or if ipad vs iphone is different but It is a new feature and worth a shot

Installed iOS 11 beta 3 on iPhone 7 Plus battery just killing the phone even without using the phone. It goes down by itself. I have to charge my phone at least twice a day. It’s beta 3 and I thought should be better then previous betas but kind of opposite. Hmmmm

So far ios 11 beta 3 for my iphone 6s battery is much better now, than the prevous beta which i always tend to go back to ios 10.3.2 back then. and im using my phone for about a day now and seems stable and better battery life. that is what exprience now and im happy that i can use my phone with ios 11, previously on ios 11 beta 2 i exprience bad battery life which in full cycle and browsing through internet and facebook it will reduce immediately to 15% for 10 mins. which i tend to go back to ios 10.3.2.

Surprinsingly after I hard reseted my phone I am getting better baterry life 😀 All i had to do was hard reset my phone and now my batery doesn't go down so fast 🙂

same problem with iphone 6, drawn so fast and under 60% go down at 1% in 30 minutes 😟

Yes i have this problem

After update 3 I unplugged 100% charged and dropped hours shows the biggest drawn from an application that was closed and not used in the last hour. Time to head back to update 2 and wait it out a bit.