iOS 11 bluetooth in Control Center

When I shut bluetooth off in the Control Center, while it toggles the option there, it doesn’t actully turn bluetooth off. I have to go into my settings to turn it off.

Replies

same here, and same for wi-fi toggle

Same here, toggle on/off only works in airplane mode, otherwise it's just disconnect... (my EMF meter still shows a lot of activity when both w-fi and bluetooth are disconnected)

Looks like they are actually changing the behavior of those buttons.

Apparently they mentioned it on WWDC (I missed that) but it has been reported in the media as well.

Check this out:

"One thing that’s particularly interesting here about the wireless controls is that Apple has also chosen to change the function of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth buttons — these controls no longer turn OFF the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth radios, but now merely disconnect and reconnect your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections, leaving the actual services enabled” - http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/inside-the-betas-ios-11-control-center-gets-customizable-adds-screen-record

Credit to Jose Gabriel Marcelino at the bluetooth-dev@lists.apple.com for pointing that out. I actually had the same question there.
Hope this helps!

Same problem with in ios11