Anyone having problems with beta2 and binding to AD with "dsconfigad"?

We've been able to isolate an issue where 10.13 b2 Macs that we bind to AD manually using "Directory Utility" will reboot successfully.

But those we bind to AD running "dsconfigad" commands -- that end in the exact same "dsconfigad -show" settings -- will not reboot (they hang at the progress bar about 60% of the way with a series of repeating segmentation fault/respawn messages in system.log)

Has anybody seen anything similar and -- if so -- figured out what the issue is?

Replies

I'm having the same exact issue. We bind with a script that runs as a DeployStudio post.

I can also confirm that updating an dsconfigad bound machine from Sierra to High Sierra Beta 2 will also hang during startup.

Lastly, I can confirm that the bug/issue still exists in High Sierra Developer Beta 2 Update 1.

Right -- things worked fine with beta 1, but not with Beta 2 or B2Update 1

I have an open case on this and have submitted logs, etc...

What the difference is using "dsconfigad" vs. "Directory Utility" -- we can't figure out, though.

I'm seeing the same thing. Reported this as well with logs. I also ammended it with a sysdiagnose dump from a working system bound using Directory Utility. Not sure how I missed this topic, otherwise I would not have also created one. Beta 1 worked ok with dsconfigad.

-Dennis

This appears *not* to be fixed in Beta 3 (at least when updating from Beta 2 Update 1).

BOOOOO!

It also isn't fixed when going from 10.12.5 (previously bound using dsconfigad) to Beta 3 via the downloaded installer.

I was able to successfully bind via script (the same script that worked in Sierra, but not in a previous High Sierra beta) and reboot without issue, today with 17A315i.

This is resolved (again 😉 )?