Facebook Events Not Showing in iOS Stock Calendar App

Hi I’ve just noticed that Facebook Events that I’m going to doesn’t appear in Calendar. With the removal of Facebook intergration in iOS 11 there not longer is the option to Allow Facebook access to Calendar. They do show in iCal on macOS 10.13 but doesn’t seem to sync to other devices. Anyone else noticed this or low how to resolve the issue? Thanks Barry

Replies

same here! It's actually quite annoying for me : ( I guess we'll have to wait for Facebook to update their app is my guess?

If anyone also knows how to get the FB events back to showing up in the calendar that'd be awesome!

Hi

Im glad to see its not only me having the issue or noticed the issue. I hope it gets fixed sooner rather that later, its so annoying lol :-p

Barry

I am ok with the Facebook calendar integration being removed, but I am having problem removing the actual calendar from the device.

Right now I have a calendar will of Facebook events that no longer sync and cannot be removed.

I have the same problem. What can be done to fix it?

Adding the Facebook Events calendar back is easy - from your Mac, go to Events on Facebook.com and in the lower right is an option to add Events. It can be added as an iCloud subscribed Calendar and it will sync to all your Mac's and iDevices. Works better than the old solution.

However... I'm also stuck with being unable to remove the legacy Facebook Calender. I see no way to delete it in Calendar or Facebook options on my iPhone and iPad. Something similar existed on my Mac and that was easily removed, but seems to be no way to get rid of it on the iPhone (maybe if I had a device not upgraded to iOS 11 I could do it, but too late for that.)

Thanks for providing a solution to getting it working again.

I too am not able to remove the legacy calendar.

Any idea if this works using a PC or from my iPhone? I don’t have a MAC. From my phone (logging into FB via Safari and hard refresh for desktop view) I have tried finding the box in Events to add FB Events to calendar but it doesn’t seem to be there. I need this integration back...! Ugh...

Try on you iPhone Google Chrome. I had same problem as you

For PC, I right clicked the link for the upcoming events and opened it in a new tab. I copied the link and emailed it to myself. I opened the email from my iPhone and then clicked on it which allowed me to subscripe to the calendar. Hope this helps!

Im seeing the same problem - any official fix for this?

This worked for me thanks!

I also have the same problem. Unable to solve using the Facebook webpage on iMac.

Everything working fine until yesterday.

Since the focus is to get FaceBook Events back on the iPhone I still do not see a viable option. Subscribing to Facebook on my iCalendar on my MacOS does not get it on my iPhone as I do not sync my calendars. I use the Internet Account settings in System Preferences on MacOS, and it is there that I have the Facebook account setup so I see all my FB events on my iCalendar on my MacOS. There use to be that for the iOS on my iPhone.

Soooooo, the option that I found, but do dislike, is to pull the Calendars on my iOS to the new FB app "Local" which is the FB version for a calendar app. The problem is that if you do not open the iCal on the iOS, it will not update, and therefore not update on the FB Local app.

Just found that I can do the export option steps for iCal on my MacOS from the Facebook desktop page

and just copy that subscribe link to the "Add Subscribed Calendar" option in Settings>Accounts & Passwords>Add Account>Other> section. It works, for now!

Why are these companies so touchy in have someone use "Their" app! It's really annoying!

Have you filed bugs against today's iOS 11.2.5 beta? Checked the release notes?

Individuals using betas are free to use the Feedback Assistant; Devs can use the 'Report Bugs' link, below right.

Great solution! I also cannot delete the Facebook calendar on my mac, but you can just as easily uncheck the option so it doesn't display.