Setting the key view loop in Interface Builder

I am trying to configure the key view loop for an application. As far as I can tell from the documentation I have been able to find, I should use Interface Builder to set the nextKeyView outlet for each view and then set the initialFirstResponder outlet for the window to control which view is the first responder when the window is initially displayed. I can successfully set the nextKeyView outlets for each of the views, but I am unable to set the initialFirstResponder outlet for the window. When I right-click the window in Interface Builder I can see the unassigned initialFirstResponder outlet but when I click-drag to select the first view the view is not highlighted and the assignment is not made. In fact, nothing on the entire storyboard is highlighted when I click-drag from the window's initialFirstResponder outlet. I get the blue line that I am expecting but nothing is highlighted when I drag to it. Can somebody help me understand how to setup the key view loop? I am happy to do this programatically instead if that is easier. Thanks in advance!

Replies

This should help to do it programmatically.

h ttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/39096382/trying-to-set-the-tab-order-in-xcode-for-osx-app

To do the initialFirstResponder, I tried the following :

- control click on window object (in object navigator panel on the left)

- a HeadUpDisplay window appears

- click on initialFirstResponder button and drag to whatever object of this window in the object navigator panel or in xib.