iPad Pro (12.9 inch 2nd gen) Simulator Could not load the "ImageNameHere" image referenced from a nib in the bundle with identifier "mybundleid"

When running on iPad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen simulator, an image in my asset catalog (set in a UIIMageView in IB) does not show up. When running on all other simulators, the image shows up except iPad Pro 12.9 inch.

The app has iPhone and iPad and Mac devices checked off. Width class is Any...Height Class is Any. For whatever reason, this one image is getting this error, but other images in the same asset catalog are not having this problem.

Replies

imageNamed: factory method returns nil too when trying to load in in code...

I don't own an 12.9 inch iPad pro so I can't just test and see if it's a simulator only issue. If anyone ran into this and knows of a workaround I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Has to do with the color space apparently. If I open the image in preview and change the color space to Generic RGB and save it, the image loads up in the iPAd 12.9 2nd gen simulator.

This apps been around for a few years, and the image haven't changed in a long time. Chaning the color space is noticable. Image no longer looks as good.

This is still occurring in Xcode Version 9.0 (9A235) on the simulator for both iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation) (iOS 10.3.1) & (iOS 11.0).

It does NOT occur for the other simulators I've tried including the 1st gen iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (iOS 10.3.1) & (iOS 11.0), as well as actual 1st gen iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (iOS 11.0).

My image is in the Display P3 color space.

This is still occurring in Xcode Version 9.0.1 (9A1004) - in the iPad Pro 12.9 inch sim. Works fine in the other sims, iPhone X etc. At a bit of a loss. Only for two images, I've no idea what the colourspace is but it doesn't really matter, it should work.

Further to my reply here, I opened the images in Preview, and assigned a colour profile - I chose Apple RGB. This worked and the images display correctly now.

Thanks for pointing to the fact that this was a color space issue. I was able to" save for web" in Photoshop and convert the image to sRGB for a file that wouldn't crash in the iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd generation simulator as well as preserving the colors of the image.

Does this issue only appear in the iPad emulator?