iOS11-Screen Recording API

Hi,

iOS11 now supports screen recording. Are these APIs open to develoeprs (for iOS screen capture, screen recording)?

Thanks and Regards,

Deepa

Replies

The API you are looking for is RPScreenRecorder.startCapture(handler:completionHandler:)

Thank you for the response.

Does this API work even if my application is in background? Because, I dont want to record my app screen. The experience is the same way as we get with Mac screen recording using QuickTimePlayer OR new Screen Recording feature provided in iOS11.

User launches my app; hits 'Start Recording'; then my app is put to background; but iOS screen recording is still in progress and user can interact with his phone screen; this should continue until user opts 'Stop Recording'.

Thank you for your reply.

I found a new flag from UIScreen class. I think I can use it to check the states of screen recording.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiscreen/2921651-iscaptured#declarations

Hi,

Were you able to record your screen outside your app? (When app is on background?)

I can't find a solution for this, it seems that ReplayKit record screen only of the app itself.

I wonder how TeamViewer implemented their screen share new feature...

Talia