Get SKErrorDomain Code=0 when trying to test inapps for new version of existing app with real apple id

Hello everyone.

I'm developing new version of my existing app.

As I remember it was possible to test in-apps with live apple id in past. (Of course, if there was live version of app in appstore).

But now each time I tried to use my real id for restore or purchase, I've got error (Can't connect to itunes, SKU code 0).

With sandbox test account all things work fine on new build.

With downloaded from AppStore actual build my real id works fine.

So, is it normal behavior now, or it is bug?

Replies

You could never test IAPs that were not approved with an App Store build of an app. An App Store build is signed with a production certififcate. Therefore it accesses the production environment at the App Store. Your not-yet-approved IAPs do not exist in the production environment - they only exist in the sandbox environment.

It is possible to 'test' approved IAPs in the sandbox environment - an approved IAP exists in both environments.

One classic issue is the Xcode 'sandbox' build that is placed on top of the app store build. That will still access the production environment becuase of the underlying App Store build. That leads to countless forum posts about 'no valid products'.