All network activity stalling

Since installing 17A264c have been experincing a bizzare networking issue on my late 2013 MBP ...

Regardless of what browser I use (tested and verified that same problem occurs in Safari, Firefox, Opera, Chrome), at seemingly completely random times all my network activity just stalls. Resources go from loading in a a second to timing out even if the same resource was loaded seconds prior.

Connection to the router remains stable (however I did test while connected directly to modem and same probem occurs), but the in/out activity simply stalls. Number of packets going in and out drops to 0-2. This effects both WAN and LAN connections. Now probably 75-80% of the time is spent on waiting for the stalling to stop. Interesting thing is that even while everything appears to be completely stalled, if I ping an address like 8.8.8.8, connection to it remains a stable 1.2-1.8ms as always with no packet loss.

Same issue occurs both via WiFi and ethernet. All my other devices are running latest beta versions of iOS, tvOS and watchOS - none share the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and can advise as to what may be causing it? I'm at a dead end here ...

Replies

Seeing the same issue on an iMac via ethernet connection. Safari, Chrome, Reader and Twiterific all experience this random slowdown. Seems to occur most often on loading a web page in a new tab in either browser or refreshing an existing page. I'm not seeing this behavior on my MacBook Air, though.

Does your MBP have a Fusion Drive in it? Wondering if that's the underlying issue as my iMac has a Fusion Drive while my MBA is an SSD.

Same Problem Here - Mac Pro Quad Core - Upgrade Beta has Slowed Down All Network Connections Using Any Browsers. Takes Forever for them to load. Hopefully Apple will address this in the next beta upgrade, hopefully very soon....

Are you using any third party networking software on your system? Perhaps Little Snitch, or one of its competitors?

I am using the beta, and not experiencing any network slowdown, or application slowdown. Of course, I am also using a Retina 5k iMac (Late 2014) with the i7 4790K option, but it still has Broadcom Ethernet and WiFi interfaces, so it can't really be the driver.

I've been seeing this problem too, on a Macbook Pro 2016 / Touchbar. Seems to happen with both wifi and ethernet (home or office). No 3rd party networking software. Rebooting always fixes the problem, though sometimes turning wifi off and on apparently fixes it for a little while. When the problem is happening, DNS, ping and traceroutes from Terminal are always still working fine but response in Safari and Chrome is slow to nonexistent. I've been trying to correlate it with logs in /var/log/system.log (also using Terminal, since Console.app was DOA with High Sierra...). Anyway I'd like to correlate it with something before reporting it to Apple if possible.

Maybe you can capture a sysdiagnose with the magic hotkey (cmd + opt + ctrl + shift + .) and find some other means of getting it to a bug report? It will probably be quite large.

Probably a good idea. I'll do that next time it happens.