Can I pair watchos 4 with ios 10 ?

Is that possible? I installed ios 11 beta and watch os 4 beta. But ios 11 is not that stable, I want to downgrade it to 10 and want to use with watchos 4.0.

If not possible, can I downgrade watchos 4.0 to 3.2.2?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

What it not possible is to downgrade the Watch to 3.2.2. It will stay with version 4 as far as I now.

I can confirm that I'm fighting with iOS 11 as well - so if somebody can confirm iOS10 is working well with WatchOS 4 would be great

Hello! Watch os4 doesn't work with iOS 10.3.3. I downgraded from iOS 11 to iOS 10.3.3 and my Apple Watch won't pair with the phone on iOS 10. I reseted the watch also but without luck. The best option for me is to go back to 11 to get my watch working again. Until they release a public beta for iOS 11 people everywhere are going to struggle a bit. This is the life of an Apple Developer!

Hello,

An answer a bit beyond bounds:

I made HUGE mistake WHEN I upgraded to iOS 11 beta and watchOS 4...
There is definitely no way to downgrade watchOS 4 (Been googling a while, trying to develop some downgrade myself, but still working thought.) Few things to point out.

1.) WatchOS 4 doesn't work with iOS version before iOS 11 beta

2.) You cannot downgrade watchOS 4 to current stable release

3.) Until someone finds out how the WCSession and updating apple watch exactly works, you won't be able to downgrade to stable WatchOS release(what a pain)
4.) Now I have to live with buggy iOS 11 first super pre-release beta in order to have my AppleWatch working.

Hope that helps, in any way I don't recommend you to upgrade on your primary release, I was too curious and couldn' wait 3 days to test it out on apple watch in company, so here I am, super stuck. Wish best luck 🙂

Apple can downgrade the watch if you send it in to them. This seems to be the only option for now.

I have been having a similar issue. I don't believe that downgrading the apple watch is possible so it will remain with OS4. The further issue is that iOS 11 seems to have issues with pairing.

If you have a paired set that you ugrade simulataneously, it appears to work fine.

I downgraded my iOS 11 ot 10.3 to fix a bug adn when I tried to pair the watch again it would not allow the pairing in that version. After I reinstalled iOS 11 and tried to pair the watch I get a failed paring code.

I have not been able to solve the workaround or pairing issue.

Has anyone had any luck pairing to their phone on IOS11 to apple watch OS4 yet? Been doing it over and over but still no luck.

I'm having the same issue, I updated my iPhone 7 plus to ios 11 and wanted to downgrade cause of the bugs on the beta, I downgraded my phone but I left the watch on 4.0, no luck pairing and when a came back to ios 11 my watch just won't pair. I tried everything and it seems that the Bluetooth its not sustaining the connection.

I hope a haven messed up my watch, if anyone has a solution comment, please.

Just reading the comments here. I seem to have done the same as everyone else Upgraded both at the same time and then due to map issues while driving I downgraded the phone and couldn't pair the watch. Thought about going back to 11 again but reading the comments here it would seem a waste of time. Looks like I will have to go without a functioning watch until someone works this out. Risky business this developer programming... Let me know if some one sorts this out.

Hi There,

How do we go about sending it to apple? genius bar appointment or through online support?

Thanks

Hello All ,

This is an unnofifcial way to downgrade Apple Watch 1 series.

You can use iBUS S1 toll for downgrade and install firmware to Apple Watch Series 1.

Have a nice day

I am in the same boat as everyone in this thread. Upgraded to iOS 11 and WatchOS 4, downgraded to iOS 10.3.2, reset my watch as it wasn't connecting and now get a "iPhone is out of date" error. Should I head to the Apple Store to have them downgrade, or do they have to do it at Corproate?

I had to send my watch in.....i had wrist lock profile set...went to factory reset my watch and it didnt work so i was stuck with a watch that could tell time and no other functionality as I lost continuity to my phone after I went back to ios10. I thought Apple was going to re-image it from the factory, but they ended up sending me a replacement device after 7 days. I'm hoping beta2 comes out this week and I may try again.

Hey guys just to let you know I got my Apple Watch working again, seams that the problem was the beta 1 not establishing Bluetooth connection to the watch. I just updated to the beta 2 and finally got it to pair. I know it’s still a beta and buggy! But better that having the watch on the drawer. I hope this is helpful to any one.

Help meeee i got a series 1 and watchOS 4.0 but i hate iOS 11. My iPhone 6S iOS version : 10.3.3 . this must be another way to pair him !

Wrong forums...

User-centric queries/comments such as this are perhaps best put to Apple's public community support forums, run by AppleCare, and/or Apple's twitter support account, vs. risking off-topic here in the DevForums, thanks and good luck.

https://support.apple.com/

Users can feedback via http://www.apple.com/feedback/- Individuals using betas are free to use the Feedback Assistant; devs can use the 'Report Bugs' link, below right.