Yahoo Mail

I am unable to add yahoo mail to my iPad since I updated the newest beta.

Replies

Submit a bug report via the Feedback too. I submitted one last night after finding this. Also, have you tried using Safari in the lates macOS Beta as well? I am getting an Error 14 after logging into Yahoo Mail via Safari. I have notified our Enterprise Apple Engineer on this as well. I think something possibly got broke in WebKit since I believe both platforms share the same underlying webkit code now. It's at the OS level since the Safari Technology Preview is doing the same thing as the base Safari in macOS.

Some could argue that it's Yahoo's issue but I have quite a few test devices and 10.3.2 Beta 2 was tested and running perfectly this morning and I updated it to B3 and it immediately STB after update.

I can't add my yahoo account through the built in mail app or even the downloaded yahoo app. Only able to login through safari on this newest beta.

I can login but try to open mail or interact. After a few secons I get a popup Error 14 and also unable to do much if any at all within Ymail in Safari.

You can login through browser right? What happens when you try logging in with the built in iOS mail app?

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I can't seem to upload photos from my Camera Roll to Flickr anymore via my iPhone. It goes through the motions like it's working, but nothing ever shows up on my Flickr page. It worked okay under the previous beta, but not under the current one (10.3.2 14F5080A)

The strange thing is my Yahoo mail (IMAP) works just fine. I can send and receive without a problem. Well, one tiny problem: I can receive email in my Yahoo account instantly, but it often takes a few minutes before anything I send from Yahoo gets to their destination.

Same problem here with yahoo mail, it was working and it kept telling me the password or user ID was incorrect, so I deleted it from mail and couldn't add it back in. I downloaded the app that was updated today and it doesn't work. At this time the only way I can get in is with Yahoo!'s web page in Safari

Luckily I had the Beta 2 IPSW files and was able to Option - Check for update and roll my devices back to Beta 2. Everything is working now. You may want to try that and then wait for B4. Maybe there's a lot of folks that moved off of Yahoo Mail with the security debacle they've experienced. Who knows but it's been a very long time that I have had to roll back to a previous Beta due to it being usuable like this. I could have probably suffered through it if Yahoo's Mail app were to work but like you it fails also. BTW Yahoo updated the Mail app either last night or today and it didn't work either. I am thinking that the issue is in WebKit since Safari on the latest macOS Beta 3 stopped working with Yahoo Mail web-based also. If you have a Mac, try going to your Yahoo Mail from Safari if you are running macOS Beta 3. You get logged in and think everything is fine but after a few seconds or when trying to open an e-mail you get a popup Error 14.

Using Safari on Mac with Beta 3 installed still works fine for me, never get a "Error 14" fortunately. The Mail.app on the Mac however stopped working with Yahoo and says those accounts are offline. So, so far the only way to check my yahoo mail is through Safari. I would roll back to beta 2 but I've been needing an excuse to switch everything over to Gmail and now I finally have a good one.

Some people were saying on other places (like Reddit) that it's probably not an Apple issue but yahoo. Don't listen to those rumors, nothing changed with Yahoo on their end and as you stated rolling back to 2, fixes the problem so it has to be a beta 3 issue.

That was exactly my experience, also. macOS 10.12.5 beta 3 and getting Error 14 popup, when try to read Yahoo e-mails in Safari. I get the list of my e-mails, but none will open. Also, when I go to update my Yahoo password, to see if that helped, I entered a new password, but when it asks me to verify that password, it says that the two do not match - which they do. Tried that multiple times with same result. Very frustrating.

Had similar issue w my iPhone. Added ATT-Yahoo acct as "other" and now it is working fine. Auto completes server info etc.

I have the same issue and added it using the Other option and manually configured settings. The Password however required me to generate an App password which I had to do on a browser and type in a generated password on yahoo security site. It's working now BUT I am not able To sync Calendars which require another password generated but I have no idea where to key it in IOS. Yahoo seems to have this security app password generated for individual apps.

Team;

Noticed the same issue-- Authentication is a key requirement for us; Yahoo seems to believe that the authentication was successful via the MFA - Push - Account Key Code, but MacOS believes the authentication was not successful. Are there any bugs tracking this issue?

This appears resolved in 10.12.5 Beta (16F67a)