watchos 2 beta 2

hi. i have updated to ios 9 beta then tried to update mu apple watch to watchos 2 beta 2, all went smoothly, untill it started installing it on my watch. the apple logo appeared and the ring around it. it has been loading for more than an hour and stuck on 25% of the ring. in other words the watch is not launching. any suggestions please ?

Replies

Same exact issue did you get it resolved? If so please email me at gary.conrad@icloud.com. I have tried everything nothing works.

I have same issue like you all!

However, I will try to charge my watch up 100% and try it again!

If this works, I will remind you all!

I have the same issue.

Same here... tried everything and nothing works too.

G

I followed these steps to get to a point that I could re-pair with the watch:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204567

I'm still in the midst of my 1st attempt to restore from backup so I don't know the overall outcome yet

Mark

I had the same problem with watchOS 2 beta 2: The watch startup did not finish.

This means: watchOS 2 beta 2 was installed and then the watch reboots and shows the booting logo (the white Apple logo) and begins drawing a circle with little ticks around the logo. But it never completes the circle and stops progressing at some point. Forcing a reboot or waiting all day does not help.

Now i found a way to escape and get watchOS 2 working:

1. Force reboot: Hold both buttons until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Factory reset: When prompted for the passcode, force touch the number pad on screen and select factory reset. This is also possible in some other situations without the passcode screen: Just repeat trying to force touch (in any other situation) again and again and at some point it will show the reset option. Then do the factory reset.
  3. A new pairing process is performed with your iPhone. It failed for me the first two times and succeeded on 3rd try (pressing and holding the side button to turn the watch off and then on again).
  4. After pairing, do not select "restore from backup" but "set up as new watch". Restoring from 1.x backup fails. Restoring from 2.x backup brings you back to being stuck.
  5. I chose to install now apps yet when asked for it.
  6. Watch was syncing then and everything works just fine. Finally.

Hope this helps you guys too.

hi, so when you say the watch startup didn't finish? What do you mean?

MIne wouldnt startup, would see the apple logo but then the screen went dark and wouldn't come on. Force rebooted the watch, and for approx 15h now it's had the apple logo with the progress indicator slowly loading, it's about 20% of the way through after 15h.

I'm sure I can force reboot, but unclear on step 2 of yours above as I've not got a passcode, and not getting that far into the boot process even if I had one.

thank!

Hi.I had same probrem and tryed 3 time. Finally I succeed. Just wait patiently.

Same here. Force rebooted the watch many times, sometime it gets stuck on 25%, sometime 0%. Any suggestions?

I can't reach passcode point.

What did you trie 3 times and then i worked?

I have the same problem

Has anyone tried to let it stuck until battery drains then charge and see what happens?

How long has the longest one of you tried to let it load from 0% or 25% ??

Many days or hours? is there any progress on the bar?

I have just bricked mine so i want to solve this as well!

Force touch during start, pressing an holding different button during start. In different order altso. Nothing so far...

Is there any luck from some of you to get a replacement from apple?

Do you think there will be a fix for us som that the watch could be used again? Since there is no way to get software into the watch again.

Maybe some of you have been able to install the software over the "stuck" one somehow?

Could x-code connect to the watch somehow getting it to work again?

Hopefully some of you are as eager as me to get this to work again...

Please reply in what ever form of info you have.

Regargds

btw!

i altso get one speaker sound that says "ding" right before the progress wheel starts to freeze up.

any one else?

Hi Kenneth,

i am stuck with the same problem as you. After the "ding" the progress wheel starts to freeze up.

After many forced reboots it finally worked... But now it gets stuck on the pairing phase.

The stop on 20% or earlier is what happened to me too. This is what i meant with the not working first boot.

If you have not set a password just try forced touch again and again while the watch is booting after forced reboot. The factory reset option will come up then at some point when you forced touched at the right time. I remember it was during showing the Apple logo too.