TestFlight error on deployment target?

We have an iOS app and the Xcode deployment target is 9.3

Using TestFlight, an external tester cannot install the app on an iPad with iOS 9.3.5.

They are saying an error message reports the app is incompatible (Requires ios 9.3 or later)

To avoid the basic questions:

Devices=Universal

testing on an iOS 9.3.5 connected to Mac was already completed (both an iPad and an iPod).

Project iOS Deployment Target 9.3

Target Deployment Target 9.3

I am going to lower the deployment target to 9.0 and upload again for Beta App Review and external testing with no other changes and see if that fixes the issue.

Something to note, iTunes connect is displaying this message during the same period we are having the incompatible TestFlight release issue.

On February 22, beginning at 4:30 AM (PT), some services may be unavailable for up to one hour. During that time, you won’t be able to use some sections of iTunes Connect. Please make any critical deliveries or changes before this time.

Replies

I am looking into this more. This could be am ARM7 ARM64 issue.

The confusing piece is the app compiles and runs when connected via USB to my Mac with Xcode. This is on an incompatible device. There are no issues and the app works fine. This ARM64 instruction set check happens in the app store.

Test device is iPod MD723LL/A iOS 9.3.5

iPod touch (5th Generation)

Technically this is an incompatible device. Xcode does not check this first and allows the app to run.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1910/_index.html

I'll know more in 24 hours after beta app submission.