How to use Apple server to host IPA content

Hi, My App has a IPA. After user paid, there are about 100 items that the user can choose to download. Each one is about 1.5M in size. I am trying to use Apple server to host the IPA content. Here is what I did and my questions:

1. Use xCode to make a new project: File->New->Project->Cross-platform->IPA content.

2. In the ContentInfo.plist, change the "IAPProductIdentifier" to the "Product ID" of the IPA item of my App. Is it correct to set the ID this way?

3. Add all my 100 files to the project.

4. Use xCode "Product"->Achieve and then upload. However, I got an error saying: You must supply a CFBundleIdentifer for this request. Why?

Another request related to use the content host on Apple server, I can get URL of each item and user URLConnection to download them individually?

Than you for your help.

Replies

If Apple is hosting the content they will only download a particular package for a particular IAP product that is purchased. Therefore you will need 100 products and the user will pick the product and buy a productIdentifier. If you host the content you can let the user buy a consumable IAP and then swap that IAP for a particular package to download.

From TN2413 In-App Purchase FAQ > How do I create a hosted non-consumable product?

There is a current bug that prevents Xcode 6 from uploading hosted content to iTunes Connect. To workaround this issue, use Application Loader to upload a package containing your hosted content. See below for steps on how to do so:

1. In the Xcode Archives Organizer, select the archive containing your hosted content.
  2. Click
    Export
  3. In the dialog that appears, choose
    Export as an Installer Package
  4. Click
    Next
    to start generating your package, then select
    Export
    to save your package (a file with a .pkg filename extension).
  5. Use Application Loader to upload the above package. See Using Application Loader for more information about it.

Hello Kmer,

Yes, but how do you create (what software is used to create) a .pkg file to submit to Apple, when you have created your .ipa (game) file in a third-party application? This is for an in-app purchase, an ad-free version of the game that exists already as a game with ads on the AppStore. I have used GameSalad to create the Ad-free version file, which outputs an .ipa file, and an archive. I entered the metadata information in Application Loader with success, but it is calling for .pkg file of the game to complete the submission process. How do I generate the .pkg file?