10.11 crashes when using Thunderbolt to Ethernet Adapter

I'm having the problem that everytime I try to use my Ethernet via Thunderbolt to Ethernet Adapter, OS X 10.11 runs into a kernel panic. This is reproducibale. Using WLAN on the other hand works flawlessly.

Console says: m_free: freeing an already freed mbuf"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.6.2.2/bsd/kern/uipc_mbuf.c

Anyone else seeing this problem? Or any suggestions on how to avoid it?

Replies

I think this is a known issue in the release notes.

Here, for your reference, are the release notes for DP2:

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/releasenotes/General/rn-osx-10.11/index.html

I think it might be worth filing a bug report just in case.

I read those. But either am I blind or that scenario isn't listed there. But nonetheless I filed a bug. So hopefully it gets fixed befor the public release.

No, I don't think you're blind, I couldn't see anything directly relevant there either 😁

That's why I linked to it and suggested a bug report might be in order after all.

Odd...I was using my Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter earlier without issue on my Mid-2012 rMBP and 10.11 beta 2.

Is there any particular function you are trying when it happens? Opening a file-server share? etc...

i have the adapter and have no problems with it, it is not directly pluged in the mbp but in the second TB port of an external LaCie raid