Problem with on-demand resources

Hi,

I developed an app earlier this year that uses on-demand resources. The app was approved and has been in the app store for a while.

Recently a customer complained that the app wasn't able to access most of the resources except for ones she had used before. I set up the app to display the error message from the beginAccessingResourcesWithCompletionHandler request, and it displayed the message "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application."

When I found out about this I tried the app myself on my own iPhone, and also installed the app on a new iPhone that had never run it before to see if I could reproduce the problem. I could not. I was able to view all of the resources fine on both devices.

I asked the customer to delete the app and reinstall it from the app store. She says it works fine now.

I'm worried that this could happen to other customers and I won't hear about it. Can someone explain what this error means and what causes it? Is there something I can do to minimize the problem or recover from it when it happens?

Thanks,

Frank

Replies

We're getting the same problem and it's a masive problem for us. Hope somebody knows something about this.

I have also the same problem.

Does someone found a solution ?

Does it come from too much download of ODR ?

Thanks

S. Pothieux