Can't add gmail account macOS Sierra

Hello, I got macOS Sierra early because I am in the beta testing program. That said, the email program has been working fine in the little under a week that I have had it installed. Today, a notification popped up that said "Login Failed" as a button on the top right corner of the mail program. It let me click on it but nothing happened after that. I could see that I had new emails, but clicking on them would not show the contents; they never loaded. I tried to delete the email account and re-add it to see if that would fix the problem, but now it won't let me add the account back. When I try, a notification pops up that says “Connection Insecure : Failed to verify the server certificate. This could be because of your network configuration or your proxy settings.” It isn’t my internet, as I have tried it using my phone’s hotspot as well and the same thing happens. How do I fix this?

Replies

Hello, I have the same problem from yesterday: “Connection Insecure : Failed to verify the server certificate. This could be because of your network configuration or your proxy settings". This happens with different wifi connections...

Same thing happens to me.

I'm also getting this on itunes: the iphone software update server could not be contacted.

All of this since the Sierra update.

Have you all filed bug reports? I had the same issue with Apple TV..Developer Tech Support had it fixed in just a few hours. I'd try reaching out to them on here, you can identify them by the Apple Staff next to their names.

I was having a similar problem. A few days after installing Sierra, I had to change my Google password. However, in Mail I kept getting the Connection Insecure popup on top of the popup prompting me to type my (new) password. I found another post on this forum that suggested that Avast might be the issue. I uninstalled Avast, the Insecure Connection pop-ups went away, and I was able to enter my password. I'm not a Developer, but I wanted to post this fix here just in case it might help someone else.

I had the same problem, for a couple of days, and checked all the certificates in the keychain. The problem for me apparently was the app adgaurd which was blocking all access to any of the authentication servers. Removal of the app got rid of this problem and I could add the accounts I required. Maybe this will help someone.

Thx Samg01

On my mac Sierra 10.12.4 beta it was also Adguard doing problems

To be more specific :

GOTO Adguard preferences / Network

AFTER 'Automatically filter applications CLICK Applications

UNCHECK Safari and Close

You good to go to Connect to Gmail again.

DAN

Try signing out of iCloud and then adding the Google accounts. None of the steps mentioned on any forum worked for me, but this did the trick.

1. Log out of iCloud account
  2. Add Google Accounts
  3. Log back into iCloud

Let me know if this works for you.