Fix for unlock with watchOS 3b4

After upgrading everyting to b4, my watch would no longer unlock my MacBook Pro. I found that turning off "unlock with watch" in the Security Prefs, rebooting the watch, then enabling unlock with the watch fixed the issue.

May not happen for all, but if this is happening to you, give it a try.

Replies

Good man. Worked for me.

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately.

I have upgraded El Capitan straight to Mac OS Sierra b4, watch to Watch OS b4 and iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 10 b4. I've enabled auto-unlock using the instructions in the 10.12 b4 release notes but the watch will not unlock my MBP (13" early 2015 model).

When I wake from sleep or screensaver, I get "Unlocking with Apple Watch" displayed for approximately 2 seconds, along with a spinning icon, followed by the password prompt. Selecting Cancel just repeats the above.

I've rebooted MBP, iPhone and watch a number of times to no avail.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions...

Hmm - just noticed that under Devices (iCloud account settings) it still says "This device cannot be used to receive Apple ID verification codes" for my watch. Perhaps this is relevant?

Unlock with Apple Watch has been pretty hit and miss so far. When it works it's great but it always seems to fail after I apply the latest 'fix' to get it going again.

I hope this doesn't end up being as buggy as Airdrop was with Yosemite.

Appears that it was a beta 4 issue. Working fine now in beta 5 with no settings changed.