SpriteKit, SceneKit & SCNRenderer issue

Hey,

I've just started to test against iOS 10 and my app has lost it's abaility to play videos.

For the most part my app seems to function normally when i'm viewing still images, but when I start to play a video, the screen becomes corrupted and it will eventually crash. Technically, just the background renders, and it seems to stop rendering anything further, such as the UI, that was working before the video was loaded is now missing.

The App is a hodgepodge of technologies that sometimes don't play well together. The main view is an GLKit window. That seems to work fime. I'm using a custom library SCN-VR to perform cardboard rendering and thats still working. SCN-VR is based upon SceneKit, so i'm using a SCNRenderer setup with OpenGl in order to render views. Now when I want to display a video, i'm using the SpriteKit/SceneKit cheat of using a SpriteKit scene as a Material for SceneKit. I just tested with a default SceneKit project and the video played, but when i'm using SCNRenderer, it shows the error message "Failed to create IOSurface image (texture)". I tested the code and was able to tear it down enough where the creation of the SpriteKit surface seems to be the issue. I don't know if it's trying to use Metal or something else, but I need to find a workaround.

Is there something additional I need to do in order to get the SpriteKit brigde working correctly with SceneKit & OpenGl with iOS 10?