Getting iMessages late, beta issue or server issue?

Lately iMessages has been acting up. I would get a few messages in a row but the timestamp would say they are from anywhere up to 45 minutes earlier. I messaged her back and confirmed the messages were sent earlier. She even confirmed that the message on her end said delivered but I did not recieve them for quite some time. After pointing this out she started to become aware that she was getting delayed messages as well.

I know in the past there's been a few times iMessage was having issues and outages. I'm just trying to figure out if that's the issues or if it is an iOS 10 beta issue.

Replies

I'm having exactly the same problem... Is your wifi signal disappearing when your screen goes in sleep mode? I'm losing wifi on my MacBook Air, iPhone 6+ and weirdly, my iPad Mini 1st gen (which I just updated to the latest iOS, not iOS 10).

I'm trying to Facetime from my MacBook to my iPad and the first try it just rings with no response, second try it rings for about 3 times and then the iPad starts ringing.

I'm also trying to exchange messages between iPad/iPhone/MacBook via iMessage and everything is VERY delayed, sometimes I need to press the home button so the wifi will activate and every message will come all at once.

Everything was fine before I updated my MacBook to macOS Sierra, iPhone to iOS 10 and iPad to iOS 9 this afternoon.

I REALLY hope it's some kind of servers issue because I'm seriously not rolling back all three devices.

I've noticed a few times when I wake the phone that it reconnects to WiFi, but my phone should also be in good cellular coverage area as well.