This code has already been redeemed

I am trying to download macOS Sierra developer preview but when I click the download page and am taken to the App Store I get an "This code has already been redeemed" error message. I have checked my Purchased tab but there is no sign of 10.12 there to re-download. Signing in an out of the App store doesn't work either.

How can I get hold of the beta?

Replies

I have the same problem, it disappeared from my purchases tab. I don't know that it has happened to everyone, but at least some of us can no longer download it. Strangest thing, as I downloaded it yesterday morning and then it was gone. I don't know if it is related to the release of the public beta or what, but Apple seems to have dropped it from the App Store.

Same disappeared from the purchased section.

Mid 2011 MB AIR ver. 10.11.5

Started download, it was interrupted it said so the icon that was downloading disappeared and when I use the site to enroll the device and prompt for the download from the App Store link, it says the code has already been redeemed. I tried enrolling another machine and it generated the same code and subsequently the same message.

How can we generate a new code, whether it's to enroll multiple machines or troubleshoot an incomplete download?

Go to your Purchased tab. It's at the top of the App Store next to Updates. This will also work to download on multiple machines.

Yeah, it's not. Having the same problem today. I wonder if they yanked it for some reason. Every other beta has been available later for re-downloading on the Purchased tab. But for some reason it's not today.

Go to the App Store. Check for unfinished downloads under the Store tab. Once clicked it will show up on the list of downloaded software.

Having the same problem. I tried to "Check for unfinished downloads", rebooted, refreshed the "Purchased" tab. It's just plain gone from my purchase history. Luckily I found that I had tucked the installer away on my NAS, but it took me a while to remember that I had done that.

I have the same problem with a message claiming my code has already been redeemed. Odd, since I have not yet dpwnloaded it.

I have tried refreshing the page, rebooting, trying on a different Mac...same result.

Reporting the smae problem here. I redeemed the codee once on my account and there's no corresponding enry in my purchases tab in the app store 😟

Congrats!! This answer save my day! kkkk

🙂

Yes, this the way to go, tks ! it's now downloading on my new MB Air that I got today :-)

Find the old installer and delete it. Restart the App store and see if you suddenly have it back under purchased. If you do it should read "Install". Pay no attention to the info under the release as it will be wrong (may show June date). It will download the most recent package.

Just a note that the public beta and developer betas are both the same package and have the same checksum.

This worked! Awesom and thanks for the info.

C'mon Apple! This is getting ridiculous.

Why don't you just provide actual direct downloads on the dev download section!?

Thank you