iOS 10 Developer Beta 2 Failing To Update

I need help guys every time I try to update to the iOS developer beta 2 it keeps coming up with software update failed an error occurred when updating iOS 10 developer beta 2

Replies

This is happening for quite a few people it seems, me included. It installed fine on my iPhone, but it won't install on my iPad. It starts downloading and then at just before it's finished it stops and says software update failed. Very frustrating!

Yeah I'm not too sure what to do now it's still coming up as we speak.

I had that problem, too. My solution was to download the .ipsw and upgrade through itunes. Just keep in mind you need xcode beta installed to do that.

I have the same problem, on an iPhone 6s, I'm very frustrated D:

OK. I had the same problem, now it's solved on my iPhone 6s. I just kept pushing the home button (continiously tapping it) and keept it in the 'Verifying Update' then, it turned off and started the Updating

After 3 days of trying I finally managed to update. Just wait it out. Check every hour or so in general/software update. I was trying to force it with the profile but looks like patience was the key :)

I Don't Have A Mac So I won't be able to do that i only have Windows 😟

Just A Quick Update I have since wiped out my phone so i have now got 9.3.2 So I am trying to update it from 9.3.2 To iOS 10 Dev 2 And Sill Having "Software Update failed" "An Errror Occurred downloading iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 😟

any luck yet? coz i've facing same issue with you.

iphone 6s

I was having the same issue. I noticed I had the Watch beta configuration profile installed on my phone. I removed/deleted that configuration profile, then tried it again and it worked. Not sure if there was some sort of conflict or what...

thanks,

i'm already delete all config files, and tried again with no luck.

maybe anyone from apple representative could help?

Afriad Not 😟

even same problem with the public beta one. weird

There Are Some People Saying they can't seem to get to Dev Beta 2 Or the 1st public beta one as well so not sure whats going on

Yeah I was unable to update to dev beta 2 on my SE (iPad updated fine) so I switched profiles to the public build and it still fails. For what it's worth I didn't really expect it to work as the public build seems to be identical to the 2nd dev build but it's annoying nonetheless.