Using different organizationNames

Hi together,

at the moment we are improving our Apple Wallet template (event template) and have problems with the organizationName field in the pass.json.

We are trying to use the event name of our event as organizationName so that our customer see in the lockscreen or notification center the event name and not our organisation name. We want to use the event name so that the customer can distinguish between their passes and know which pass is displayed in the locksreen or notification center. If our organisation name is displayed instead of the event name the customer didn't know which pass is exactly meant.

So we tried some test with sending the event name instead of our organisation name in the field "organizationName". If we send an update for these passes then the correct event name for each pass is displayed in the lockscreen, also in the notification center if the "group apps" function is deactivated. But if you activate "group apps" then the event name is displayed for each single entry (that's fine) but the group name for the app is the event name of the first event which gets an update and so for all further updates for the single Apple Wallet passes this event name is displayed.

Example to make it more clear:

- Apple Wallet Pass 1: "Backstreet Boys"

- Apple Wallet Pass 2: "Nickelback"

- Apple Wallet Pass 3: "Take That"

- Apple Wallet Pass 4: "Sunrise Avenue"

For Apple Wallet pass 1 & 4 an update is made because the date has changed. On the lockscreen the event names are displayed, and in the notification center as well. In the notification center the group name of the App is the event name of Apple Wallet pass 1 because the update was made first. This event name is also displayed for further updates for all Apple Wallet passes in my Wallet app. And that's our problem.

Did anyone of you have the same problem? How do you solve the problem?

As I wrote above it is not clear for our customer if our organisation name is displayed instead of the event name which Apple Wallet pass was changed.

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Best,

Sarah

Replies

I need do that