Mickey/Minnie Mouse won't say the time

I know this isn't really a big deal but I wanted to show my daughter how Mickey and Minnie Mouse will tell you the time by tapping on them and I cannot get it to work. I cannot get them to say the current time. Anyone else experiencing this issue or know if I'm not doing something?

Replies

If your watch is on silent mode the Mickey and Minnie faces wont speak the time.

It's not on silent mode, sound works fine with calls/messages.

That's strange, on mine it works fine. Though, from time to time they will stop speaking the time, but if I reboot my watch they start speaking the time again.

I had the same experience that AbsurdBrian had - I couldn't get those mice to speak either. Looks great on the videos...

Works in b2

Yeah, it's now working for me in b2 also

Aparently you may have to be connected to wifi. Wouldnt work for me at home (no wifi) but i got to work and connected and it did work. Hope that helps.

I just tested it out. No wifi, no iphone connection as I drove without and it works. I suggest you try for yourself. o I see you did. Not sure why yours does not work.

I tried to reset as a new watch, but it still doesn't speak the time.

I wonder if they only speak if you set your locaton as USA/Canada, due to some voiceover licensing issues, or maybe they just speak in English, so if your location is in a non-English speaking country they won't speak?

You do know you have to turn it on in watch setting on the Iphone on the watch app? Then it should work. it is off by default

Good call. Tap on a Mickey/Minnie watch face in the iPhone watch app for this setting. For me this was on by default however.

So is it working now?

I've never had a problem, I was just trying to give some ideas as to why it might not work for others. I think the setting you mentioned is most likely the actual reason.

Right ! my Bad!