VPP Invite To Program does not work in iPads on OS 9.3.2

VPP Managed Distribution invitation URL does not seem to work only in iPads on iOS 9.3.2. The Invitation URL which begins with "buy.itunes.apple.com" is supposed to open in iTunes app and prompt the user to accept the terms and conditions to join VPP program.

But this page opens as some code or script in iPads. The URL does not even seem to open in iTunes. So we are unable to deploy VPP apps.

Whereas in iPhone the terms show properly and I can proceed further.

Any of you guys facing the same issue? I am confident it appears in 9.3.2 iPads. Have you tried any workarounds so far?

Replies

Its also reproing on older versions of iOS, repro's on 9.3.1 as well for us, interestingly not on iPhones, would be interested to know any workarounds

Hello mykap,

Did you try submitting a bug report on this?

@mykap

I tested with my system while trying to get a new user setup on an existing device and ran into the same issue.

Have you made any progress with this issue?

@mvz

I attempted to submit a report but seems like the bug reporting system is not working when I attempt to log-in. Might just be bad timing on my side. Have you been able to submit one?

Hi

Yes we have raised a support ticket with Apple for this, the last response from them was below, it seems they are aware of this issue and are tracking it, interestingly for us it ponly repros on iPADS not on iPHones

"

We have confirmed that this is a behavior we are already actively tracking.. The current workaround is to email the invite to the end user vs. allowing the MDM to send the invite directly to the device. "