IOS 10 and Xcode, Both Big Problems

Installed IOS10 on an iPhone 6 and the new XCode 8 on a 10.11.5 mac. Both proved to be nearly useless.

On the IP6, half the apps wont even start. Many of the "new features" are not there yet. It was just one problem after another. After a few hours of aggravation, I just restored the IP6 back to 9.3.2 and will leave it there for now.

XCode 8 was worst. It would not build a single product with errors near the end of every build of every product from every source. Its also not possible to use 7.3.1 against the new IOS10 devices, so that is no help either. Maybe the next build will be better.

Replies

I have almost no issues with iOS 10. But I can't tell you, what's wrong in your case.

Maybe your device does not support all of the new features. But anyway: You should not install this early beta version on your main devices. There is no guarantee, that the version is stable. It's really just for developers to update their apps and they have devices just for testing their apps.

On my Mac (still running El Capitan), Xcode 8 runs stable. You might get all these errors, because many APIs have changed and the Swift syntax changed with version 3. Xcode helps you to update your code. "Edit" -> "Convert" -> "To current Swift syntax..." Some errors may be still there. In that case, you have to fix them manually.

Being a devceloper, thats why I use the betas. I used the OTA approach, which may be an issue. I have since updated a different IP5 via XCode 8 and that seems to work for some reason. Apps that didnt start in the IP6 case do now.

As for XCode, not sure yet. I dont use Swift at all anywhere. Will check further later in the week when I have more time for this.

It appears that some of the app start up issues are related to iCloud and/or CloudKit. Not sure how yet, but disableding iCloud for the device made many of them begin to start and work.

I'm looking for a link to download iOS 10? Could you send me a link please

I'm having trouble downloading iOS 10 beta could u help me?

Had the same issues with build errors, however after converting the code to Swift 3, pretty much everything has been resolved.

You can download the Beta Configuration Profile or the IPSW-File for you device here: https://developer.apple.com/download/