Cannot install iOS 10

After the Keynote I wanted to install iOS 10 over the Air via the iOS Beta Software Profile.

When I cklick on install an alert pops up and says: "Unable to Install Update" and "An error occurred installing iOS 10 Developer Beta 1.".

It´s an iPhone 6 with the beta of iOS 9.3.3

Update: The same issue pops up when I try to install beta 2

Replies

i got same problem too

iphone 6 with iOS 9.3.2

Same

Make sure you remove the 9.3.3 profile from your device first in General > Profiles & Device Management.

Same here with iPhone 6 Plus and IOS 9.3.2.

Tried many times always get the unable to update.

You need to install XCode 8 beta and run it to install some stuffs on itunes. Then, your are able to do the upgrade from IOS 9 to 10.

So I'm assuming my colleagues running Windows will need to come to me then (Mac) so they can update their iOS?

I removed every profilem, made a restart, installed the profile once again, loaded the update and tryed to install it but it´s not working (done this multiple times).

@chizari I have installed the Beta of Xcode 8. What should I do now?

Open XCode and then do the Restore for the .ipsw. XCode apparently installs some things into iTunes / Mac required for the upgrade.

I've attempted to install it too but I'm still receiving the error, please send me the file at delaceyemily@gmail.com and expian how, thanks! 🙂

I have iPad mini 2 and OS X 10.11.4. Although it's possible to install the new Xcode 8 beta on this OS X version, but I assumed that it would be better to install it on the new macOS Sierra. But under this current setup, installation of iOS 10 beta failed.

So.. let me try the way you mentioned. Yeah.. Xcode has installed some additional tools for iTunes ( I noticed when updating iOS etc through many iOS versions), so.. yeah.. probably installing new Xcode would be the right procedure. Let me share the result after updating my iPad tonight!

Thank you.

This solved our issue. We were getting an error 14 on the restore/upgrade to iOS 10 via iTunes prior to running XCode 8 once. If this was documented by Apple somewhere, I missed it.

Im still having a problem installing it

I'm hosed. ios 10 failed to update. My iPad Pro will only boot to the Connect to iTunes graphic. I've tried restoring to the ios 10 ipsw and to the prior 9.2.2 ipsw. Both fail saying "The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-1).

It then asks if I want to restore to factor settings. Clicking "Restore and Update" goes into Recovery mode, downloads and extracts, but fails on "Preparing iPad for restore" with exactly the same -1 error as before.

Oh and the Console displays: 6/14/16 5:16:09.417 PM iTunes[25853]: tid:27117 - iTunes: Restore error 4294967295

Help anyone?

Have you installed Xcode 8 beta? iTunes will not do the upgrade/restore until you've let Xcode 8 install some components. Once I installed the Xcode beta I was able to apply the IPSW for iOS 10.