WatchOS 3 with iOS9?

'The prerequisites for WatchOS 3 state 'watchOS 3 beta supports iPhone 5, or later running iOS 9 beta.'

But I guess 'iOS9 beta' is outdated, that should be iOS10 beta? Or does WatchOS 3 work with iOS 9?

Replies

Must mean iOS 9.3.3 beta 2 I'd assume. Wouldn't know until someone tried for sure though.

I had to install iOS 10 via the profile, and then the profile for the watch before the update would be recognized. I was previously running iOS 9 public release build.

I finally found it in the watchOS installation guide: "Your iPhone must be running iOS 10 beta to install watchOS 3 beta." So that's that.

Hey I'm on iOS 10 and watchOS 3 but i want to downgrade, but I'm pretty sure you can't downgrade watchOS, right? what happens if i revert back to iOS 9.3.2 and my watch is still on watchOS 3 beta 1? I want to revert to iOS 9.3.2 but I'm worried that my watch will ***** up...

No, I tested it today. When you downgrade back to iOS 9.3.2 the watch app asks you to look up after new watchOS version and you can only leave the dialog by resetting the watch.

A try to pair watch and iPhone again did not work in my case.

Just a FYI for anyone looking to use an updated watchOS 3 watch with iOS 9 iPhone, it will force you to update your iPhone before it will pair. I updated the watch with my iOS 10 5S and then tried to pair with my iOS 9 iPhone 6S Plus. In my case I was jailbroken iPhone running 9.1 and had to send my watch to Apple to have it downgraded to watchOS 2.2.1.

How did you manage to send in your watch for repair. Apple support aren't responding well for me. Help me out!

I returned my watch to get it downgraded back to WOS2.x. Very quick turn around. Apple will ship you a box to ship it back at no cost. Just tell them the truth. Goto https://support.apple.com/, select the Apple Watch, Contact Support in top-right corner, Setup a repair, Apple Watch, Repairs and physical damage, The topic is not listed, type in what's wrong, e.g.(I updated my iPhone to iOS 10 and my Watch to W OS 3 Betas and iOS 10 Beta was not stable enough for me to use so I had to revert back to iOS 9.x.x and now I need my Watch reverted), continue and Send in for repair, click Apple Watch button, enter your Watch Serial # and keep going through the process. They will ship you a small brown box via next day Fedex and inside of it will be a smaller white box with rubber suspension. You remove the bands and pop your watch in the white box, close it, pop it back into the brown box, tape up the edge with the included tape strips being sure not to tape over the shipping label. Carefully peel off the top label exposing the return label and take to your nearest Fedex drop box, etc. If you get it to Fedex in time it will be at Apple's repair facility in Pennsylvania the next morning. They will revert the Watch OS to latest non-beta and get the watch back with Fedex next day to you. I was expecting to be without my watch through my vacation but it will be back to me tomorrow. Hope this helps you and good luck.

I actually just tried operating my Apple Watch (WatchOS 3) with a clean install of iOS 9.3.3, and it does NOT work. You have to be updated to iOS 10 (betas, for now) for Apple Watch and iPhone to work seamlessly together.