"Application does not have a valid signature" after updating xcode

Hi Everyone,

The problem that I am encounering is that I can not install the app on my iPad, everytime I try I get the following error:

App installation failed

The application does not have a valid signature.

This started to happen after I updated my OS to El Captain and xcode to 7.3.1

Searching around on the internet I found possible solution to do with provisioning profiles. I have cleared all provisioning profiles, certificates, etc, however this did not help. The strange thing is a collegeau of mine is able to install the app on the iPad (he all ready had El Captain and xcode 7.3 installed before he started the project). I tried copying his provisioning profile folder and using it but to no avail. Also tried creating a new provisioning profile but this didn't either.

As my collegeau is able to install the app using the same code base and provisioning profiles I believe that it has something to do with xcode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

Seen TN 2319?

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2319/_index.html

Have you ever been able to build and run an app on your iPad from Xcode?

Is your developer account current/active?

I'm having the same problem and haven't been able to fix it yet, also to do with cocoapods. If you find anything to help please let me know, it's driving me up the wall!

Thanks KMT for your help in any case.

@ChrisByatt I ended up reinstalling Cocoapods on my mac

Hope this helps you!

@asydirkzwager

I am also having the same issue with the pods framework not having a valid signature, but I had one question regarding to your solution.

Did reinstalling CocoaPods damage your project file in any way? if no, how were you able to properly reinstall it?

any help would be greatly apprecited. thank you