Would an Intel HD Gfx 5000 card cause texture corruption?

Hi,

I've written an app for OSX with an OpenGL drawing loop. It was developed on a machine with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M card and compiled for 10.10+. It has 10.11.4 on it.

The drawing code is borrowed heavily from Apple's sample code GLEssentials. I've stripped the code back just so that I can draw several simple quads with texture on them.

The development machine runs everything fine as does an older Mac Pro and a MiniMac. However, on a MacBook Air there is corruption at times on the texture. While the user is resizing the window, there are small black squares sometimes randomly appearing.

And when animating two of the quads, it appears that the one underneath (depth testing is off, the render loop draws the quads in order from the back), shows an outline of the triangle primitives appearing through the foremost texture.

The MacBook Air with corruption is a 13", early 2014 with an Intel HD Graphics 5000 graphics card and is running 10.10.5.

Another MacBook Pro (13", early 2012 with Intel HD 4000 card, running 10.11.4) displays as expected.

Is this behaviour that others have seen? I can't believe my code is causing this as more machines work than don't although I could post some of the draw loop here if it helps diagnose this.

Replies

Hmmmmm - you may want to burn a ticket w/DTS via the Member Center, on this one (assuming they have the required hardware inventory). Be sure to have a project that reproduces the issue(s) you can hand over.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT