Can't login to my Apple ID in iMessage

Hey there, community.

I've been wondering why imessages were only landing on my laptop/imac and I just realized that after installing iOS9, iMessage was disabled.

I enabled it, tapped "Use your Apple ID for iMessage", entered my credentials and, after about 20sec of waiting, I was promptly prompted to enter them again (with no error message). Obviously I tried several times with no luck.

Right now, iMessage is stuck in "waiting for activation".

Also, I just got a pop-up asking me to enter my iCloud password, I did and got back an error saying "Verification Failed, An unknown error occured Cancel/Try Again"

Problems with iCloud ?

Replies

I looked at the phone about 1h later and iMesasge was on and no requirement to login. Voodoo.

I am having the same issue. I turned off wi-fi and it enabled me to log into iMessage but now it is stuck in "waiting for activation"

haveing the same issue where only the phone number is connected to imessage byt not showing up on any of my other apple imessage devices

same issue here

Only the iphone with phone number is connected to imessage but my other devices not.

I getting the error "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again.".

This should fix the issue: http://www.alltimemac.com/ios/imessage-waiting-for-activation-iphone-fix/