Finder Sync + XPC Launch Agent

Hi

I have a problem with communication between Finder Sync and XPC service as Launch Agent. When I try execute some function, invalidation handler was called and get error "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application." (The connection to service named com.com4it.test was invalidated.) UserInfo=0x60800026af80 {NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.com4it.test was invalidated.}"

All application are signed and add to the same App Group.

XPC Service is working because I can connect from another app and it works.

Pleas help me

Replies

I’m going to recommend that you open a DTS tech support incident so I can look into your issue in depth.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
(s. 636,955,832)

It looks like I'm getting a similar issue to you: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/134201#134201

Did you get this solved?

It looks like I'm getting a similar issue to you …

To clarify, the COM4IT’s problem was that they have three chunks of code:

• the host app (A)

• a Finder Sync extension (B)

• an XPC service (C)

and they want both A and B to be able to talk to C via NSXPCConnection (or the C API API). It wasn’t clear from the post you referenced whether you have C. It looks like that the

NSXPCConnectionInvalid
(4099) error in your log is coming from the XPC-based system infrastructure that runs the communication channel to your share extension, which makes it a very different problem.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

I have the same issue. Can you solve it ? and how to do ? If you a solution, can you email 975348978@qq.com.Thank you very much.

If you a solution, can you email 975348978@qq.com.

I’m sorry but I'm not able to provide one-on-one help via email. You have a couple of choices:

• You can open a new thread here on DevForums describing your specific problem, and I’ll try to help out there. That way everyone will be able to benefit from my response.

• If you want one-on-one support, you should open a DTS tech support incident and I can help you out in that context.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”