OpenSSL headers

I've been trying to build my code under 10.11 and Xcode7 and it's failing as it's unable to find the OpenSSL headers, it seems that these are no longer included. Am I going to have to bundle my own version of OpenSSL going forward?

Replies

Had the same problem, the "Header Search Paths" in "Build Settings" are not working as before. The recursive option of the search path "." is not working properly, so i used a work around with "../openssl/**"

It looks to me as though the openssl include directory is missing in /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include

However, openssl is in MacOSX10.10.sdk.

So either we are not supposed to compile against openssl anymore and should use SecureTransport now or they just forgot to include the header files.

If we are supposed to use SecureTransport, is there any sample code? I've not found much and it would be handy to reference some when converting from openssl.

Since the version of openssl shipping with El Capitan is 0.9.8zf, it's not much use anyway since it doesn't include TLS 1.2. So it's probably better to either use a modern external version of OpenSSL or switch to SecureTransport.

Sadly, it looks like we're not supposed to use it any more. As you say, it's included in the 10.10 SDK, but is deliberately missing from the 10.11 SDK.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/macnetworkprog/2015/Jun/msg00025.html