No symbols for watch on latest beta?

In beta two of Xcode 7.3 and watchOS 2.2, I'm seeing no symbols indicated for debug schemes in Xcode for watch or complication schemes.

Anyone else see this?

When I attach the device with a paired watch, Xcode indicates it is installing symbols for watchOS 2.2, however it continues to say there are not debugging symbols for the paired watch.

I've entered rdar:24367028 against this issue.

Accepted Reply

Symbols just downloaded for me for the current watchOS beta when I attached the iphone to Xcode.

And after a restart I'm able to debug as well. It looks like Apple made symbols available.

Replies

I installed Xcode 7.3 beta 2 last night and have the same problem.

I am also having the same problem. Tried a bunch of things (restarting Xcode, unplugging phone and plugging back in, etc) and still doesn't work. Very frustrating.

So I found that if you go into Libray/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport and make copy one of the folders and then rename it "Watch1,2 2.2 (13V5108c)". Then restart Xcode and it should work.

Sorry! I forgot to put Developer after Library. Essentially you are just making a copy of the folder that contains previous WatchOS symbols and then renaming it to match the current WatchOS which is "Watch1,2 2.2 (13V5108c)"

Which Library is that? I'm not seeing /Library/Xcode or ~/Library/Xcode on my system.

Hey sorry I forgot to put developer in the path. I edited my previous comment to fix that.

Ah, I see the path in a slightly different location, it seems the new symbols really are missing.

~ / Library / Developer / Xcode / watchOS DeviceSupport / Watch1,2 2.2 (13V5098e)

Copying it may allow you to launch, but debugging may be unreliable with the wrong symbol tables. Nice find on the problem, I wonder why it's not being copied there when Xcode tries to download the symbols.

(edit) Thanks! I see you updated your post.

Same here

Any one else submit radar / bugreports to Apple?

Symbols just downloaded for me for the current watchOS beta when I attached the iphone to Xcode.

And after a restart I'm able to debug as well. It looks like Apple made symbols available.

I just fixed this for WatchOS 3b1, after much lost time:

- When you plug the phone in, it should download and install the symbols.

- If that doesn't happen, it indicates either a network issue or a problem with your developer account.

- Check if you're correctly signed in, in Xcode's prefs / accounts. For me it said "Timed Out" - probably because I'd reset my password earlier this week.

There really should be a clear error if the symbols fail to install, at present it just silently fails. I've radared it.