iOS 9.3 beta1 - VPN (IPSec/L2TP) issue

Hello

after i update my iPhone 6s to 9.3 beta 1 i´m not more able to connect

over VPN (IPSec/L2TP) same on my iPad mini 4, iPod touch 6G.

On iOS 9.2.1 VPN works well, so looks like this is a bug of 9.3.

I send already a Feedback to Apple hopefully this will be fixed in beta 2.

Replies

I have the same issue.

I have a Windows 2008R2 server set up to accept L2TP/IPSec VPN connections and a Synology NAS set up with both L2TP/IPSec and PPTP connections.

With versions prior to 9.3 PB1, all three connections worked. With 9.3 PB1, the Synology L2TP/IPSec connection fails, but bizarrely the L2TP/IPSec connection to the Windows server is still OK. I have borrowed a colleague's iPhone 5S with an older iOS version installed, and the Synology L2TP/IPSec connection works fine with that.

So... it's definitely an iOS 9.3 beta issue, but not as clear-cut as it might first seem.

Fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

yep same issue here. Can't use L2TP VPN of my synology anymore. Works on other IOS versions and OSX but not on 9.3beta

Just updated to beta 2 and can confirm issue is still present...

I am on Beta 2, and I am having no trouble connecting to my IPSec VPN. To be more precise, I have a VPN setup and is pushed by Profile Manager connecting to a corporate network. Tested 3 times, connected each time with no issue.

what kind of IPSec VPN are you running, I can assure you it won't work with a L2TP with pre-shared secret.

Same issue here running 9.3 Beta 2.

Since running iOS 9.3 establishing the VPN connection to my Router (IPSec with PSK) takes a lot of time (at least 10 seconds). I often also need more than one try to establish the connection because iOS tells me that the server would not respond, which is impossible because on my iPad running 9.2 the same connection is established in like 2 seconds.

I confirm the issue is still present in 9.3 Beta 2.

L2TP VPN connected to my Synology doesn't work.

Other VPNs like IPSec and IKEv2 are working fine. (Cloak and Tunnel Bear)

I'm also not able to use L2TP on IOS 9.3 b2 (neither on OSX 10.11.4).

Was able to use L2TP on my Synology NAS before from Mac and iPhone.

(On Windows 10 (through Virtualbox) the L2TP connection is working fine.)

I am running IP/SEC using the built in client, and I am using a shared secret. I am using Profile Manager to send the VPN settings through OTA enrollment, and it's working on 6 phones we have setup to test 9.3.

As a follow up to this, I updated a 3rd Gen iPad Mini with Retina, same settings as the phones that work, and the iPad does not connect. Same profiles, same wifi network, really no other differences. Both on Beta 3

I have same issue, my IPSec and L2TP and other protocol doesn't work on latest update on 9.3 I have use 2 different company And both doesn't working , VPN get connected but traffic not going true some how I report bug to Apple Without VPN we can't serf the web

beta 3 and vpn is still not working... this is getting ridiculous

Confirmed. L2TP/IPSec still not working here.

PPTP still works.

Same situation for me with beta 3. (At least it was fixed in latest OSX 10.11.4 beta 15E39d)

I'm please to say that, for me at least, this issue is resolved in beta 4 :-)