Multi-User mode not yet active?

Multiple models of iPad stall at the configuration screen for multi-user mode. Has anyone successfully configured a device with multi-user mode and made it to the home screen?

Replies

I'm still trying to get it to install on ANY iPad. It keeps freezing up at the launch APPLE. Did you actually get it on your iPad ever? I tried iPad Pro, iPad Air 2. iPad Mini - all a "no go", all froze up.

I have experienced the same issue. Turned it out by DFU mode then recovery from the 9.3 package and it works.

I haven't yet tried the multi user mode.

where is the configuration for multi user mode? i installed 9.3 on my air2. But I don't see an option to set up multiple users.

Seeing the same issue as you with the spinning gear at that screen.

I was able to turn this feature "on" by enabling it with Apple Configurator 2. Seeing the same results with not being able to get past the initial setup screen once the device boots though.

Do you have Server 5.1 installed, and Profile Manager with a "Classroom" created? It needs something to authenticate against from what I can tell, and Profile Manager in 10.11.4 and Server 5.1 offers this functionality.

That was going to be one of my next steps, I just ran out of time working on it yesterday.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me either. I've installed OS X 10.11 beta and Server app 5.1 beta, configured DEP and ticked the box which should enable Shared iPad modus. After that I've configured a class, added a student and a teacher and added my DEP devices as "shared" iPad.

After resetting the iPad to let it configure using DEP again, the MDM profile is being installed but the setup freezes at the "preparing iPad for multi-user" screen :-(

Anyone else having any luck enabling this option and get past the setup screen?

I've got to a "Sign in with your Apple ID and password" screen. However, none of the Apple ID's seem to work. Is there some documentation on how this workflow "should" work?

Is this after the "preparing iPad for multiuser" setup screen? I'm really curious how you got this "far" :-)

I was having the same problem before I set a server up.

The same "Sign in with your Apple ID and password" screen is how far i've made it to with the ipad being managed by the latest server beta. No apple ids work. Even tried an Apple ID created by the Apple Under 13 program.

Is you iPad purchased under Education DEP? Mine is under enterprise DEP and do not see that screen "preparing iPad for multi-user". Mine just goes right through the setup.