CarPlay "Unable to connect.."

I was using 9.3 b1 in my VW CarPlay and it was working great.. Had dinner, plugged back into my car and the it would never connect. I tried a different cable, no luck. I turned my vehical on/off as well as the infotainment system. Also, rebooted my iPhone 6S. Finally I "cold booted" (force reboot) of my iPhone and then it was able to connect. I will update this thread if it happens again. Apple, would you like me to file a bug report?

In other news, I LOVE the AppleMusic updates for CarPlay. Very nice.

Replies

Hi,

We're not Apple software engineers here, just unaffilated developers of 3rd party apps. To be heard by Apple, you'll need to go ahead and file a bug-report (https://bugreport.apple.com/) or use the Feedback app on your iDevice.

-Max

Thanks for the tip, DigArchitect! I was unable to use carplay after getting the iOS 10 beta 2 update and I thought I was going to need to revert. I had tried reboot, turn off/on ignition, different cable, but nothing worked. This morning I tried the hard reboot after reading your post last night and carplay worked flawlessly. Thanks again!