Why aren't select inputs in a UIWebView working in split screen mode?

We have an app that we are currently upgrading to work in multitasking split screen views. Everything is working great, except for select lists within our UIWebView.

In full screen mode, the select list works as expected. However, in split screen mode when the user clicks the select input, a list pops up covering the entire app. When an option on the list is selected, the list clears, but the blank list is not dismissed. The only way to dismiss the blank list is to pull the app into full screen mode once again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone have any potential solutions? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

Hi

We're experiencing this as well - it also happens with the new WkWebView.

Googles chrome browser also exhibits the same bahaviour.

Have you managed to find a workaround?

Hello,

Unfortunately, no we have no yet found a work around. We have submitted a bug to Apple, and they have marked it as a duplicate. We cannot see the status of the duplicate bug, but at least we know Apple is aware of it and hopefuly working on a fix.

We have submitted a bug to Apple …

What was the bug number?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Our bug number was 23175100, which was closed because it was marked as a duplicate of bug 22268487 (open).

I had a look at the state of this bug (r. 22268487) and, yeah, it’s a bug. It’s being investigated but there’s not much more I can say about it. I couldn’t see any obvious workarounds.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

This seems to be still broken in the 9.3 beta.

The bug is not fixed with 9.3 beta 2 from Jan 25, 2016.

Every third-party browser or app that uses UIWebView, WKWebView or SFViewController runs into that problem,

excpect the safari browser. I hope it will be fixed with 9.3.

If not, it seems we must workaround for this bug and hope it will be fixed with iOS 10.

https://medium.com/@chemm/select-inputs-on-ipad-breaking-third-party-browsers-in-slide-over-or-split-view-1-3-952b796d70ad#.o0wj5xfgp

The problem still exists with iOS 9.3 beta 4.

This screen recording shows the problem in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuuYlActmqI

Bug is not solved with iOS 9.3 beta 5

Just FYI, this got fixed in iOS 10, just tested it with XCode beta.