Mac wont boot after el capitan..help

Dear Max..my macbook air late 2010 wont boot after installing el capitan....at first the installation was ok but after restart..it wont start..stuck at apple image..here is the input you ask

-bash-3.2# cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" ; ls -1 Library/Extensions/ ; find Library/Application\ Support -iname *.kext ; find System/Library/Extensions -ctime +2d -depth 2

ACS6x.kext

ATTOCelerityFC8.kext

ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext

ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext

ArcMSR.kext

BJUSBLoad.kext

CIJUSBLoad.kext

CalDigitHDProDrv.kext

HighPointIOP.kext

HighPointRR.kext

PromiseSTEX.kext

SoftRAID.kext

hp_io_enabler_compound.kext

Library/Application Support/Avast/components/fileshield/signed/AvastFileShield.kext

Library/Application Support/Avast/components/fileshield/unsigned/AvastFileShield.kext

Library/Application Support/Avast/components/proxy/signed/AvastPacketForwarder.kext

Library/Application Support/Avast/components/proxy/unsigned/AvastPacketForwarder.kext

Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxDrv.kext

Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxNetAdp.kext

Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxNetFlt.kext

Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxUSB.kext

System/Library/Extensions/AppleMobileDevice.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/CoolBook2.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/EltimaAsync.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/EPSONUSBPrintClass.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/hp_fax_io.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/LPAudioRedirector32.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/LPAudioRedirector64.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/MotMobileUSB.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/Spectrum.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/USBAx8817x.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/ZTEUSBCDCACMData.kext/Contents

System/Library/Extensions/ZTEUSBMassStorageFilter.kext/Contents

-bash-3.2#

Accepted Reply

These forums are about to be closed (OS X 10.11 Beta Forum Closing)

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with Apple in any way, but if you would like to request personal help, please contact me on MacMax108@gmail.com

-Max

Replies

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with Apple in any way, but if you would like to request personal help, please contact me on MacMax108@gmail.com

-Max

Bulu, Did the commands above fix the boot issue for you?

Dear All and Max, It worked! Thank you very much. Is there anything else I should perform? However, my virtual box wont start. Perhaps, I have to reinstall it.

Glad it's fixed for you. Last I checked, VirtualBox is not compatible with El Capitan yet - you'll have to wait until they release a version that is. 🙂

Dear Max108,

I see that you have supplied a number of people with fixes on this and similar issues regarding the upgrade to ElCap from Yosem. If you can point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it.

I tried to upgrade my late 2009 mini. It's always run well and has 8 GB ram and plenty of drive space. The error log seems to show issues with fonts not getting installed. But my probem is that it fialed and now it just reboots constanlty looping to reinstall only to fail again,

It will not show me any startup discs to use. I have a windows laptop and a USB. I thought I might be able to create a startup disk but Im just stuck here. I have a handful of clients that I am responsible to. Need to be online.

Thanks to you or anyone that might be of assistance.

-Max

Hi, I have similar problems and Max seems to have great input but for reason unknown for me I cant see his replies

His post just conatins These forums are about to be closed...

I am logged in...

Can anyone help me

Each system has a different array of 3rd party kernel extensions (kexts) mixed in with the OS X ones. A surprisingly high percentage of the 3rd party ones cause issues with El Capitan - some completely prevent booting. Therefore each system needs the correct kexts to be identified and removed rather than running commands that I put together for a specific system. Also partitions are often named differently leading to the commands posted being completely ineffectual on another system.

-Max

Hey Max - sorry if this has been asked before - how can I tell which Kexts are OSX and which are third party, so I can get rid?

Thanks

-Max