Mac won't boot after El Capitan install

Hello there.

I had installed the new El Capitan on my mac, and I couldn't boot. I read on the forum that Max had a solution but I couldn't made it display the output from ls command (In recovery mode I can only open either Safari or Terminal app, don't know why). I decided to reinstall the OS, and after the re-install was finished, it took 10 minutes to boot, but evetually it did.

I am afraid to restart now... This is the output from this commnad:

sudo ls -1 /Library/Extensions/ ; sudo ls -1 /Library/Application\ Support/VirtualBox/ ; sudo ls -1 /Library/Application\ Support/EltimaSyncMate/ ; sudo find /System/Library/Extensions -ctime +1d -depth 2

Output:

ACS6x.kext

ATTOCelerityFC8.kext

ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext

ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext

ArcMSR.kext

CalDigitHDProDrv.kext

HighPointIOP.kext

HighPointRR.kext

PromiseSTEX.kext

SoftRAID.kext

ls: /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/: No such file or directory

ls: /Library/Application Support/EltimaSyncMate/: No such file or directory

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHWAccess.kext/Contents

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleMCEDriver.kext/Contents

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleXsanFilter.kext/Contents

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAudio2Family.kext/Contents

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents

/System/Library/Extensions/RemoteVirtualInterface.kext/Contents

If there is something extra that needs to be removed, let me know. I am not restarting anytime soon..

Accepted Reply

These forums are about to be closed (OS X 10.11 Beta Forum Closing)

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with Apple in any way, but if you would like to request personal help, please contact me on MacMax108@gmail.com

-Max

Replies

Thank you Max!

Here is the output:

find: AMD2400Controller.kext: unknown primary or operator

Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>

147 0 0xffffff7f82c1b000 0x3000 0x3000 com.avast.PacketForwarder (2.0) D1AAD715-38F4-31D9-B951-BA84DEB0F4AA <4 1>

148 0 0xffffff7f82c1e000 0x8000 0x8000 com.avast.AvastFileShield (2.1.0) B5DB85D7-55D6-35B4-827F-D7AC078175A7 <5 4 1>

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with Apple in any way, but if you would like to request personal help, please contact me on MacMax108@gmail.com

-Max

Let me know how it goes - there's a slight chance you'll need to run a certain command from Recovery Mode also - but you'll know as soon as you try to boot up again...

I uninstalled Avast and restarted two times and it all seems to be back to normal!

Thank again dude!

You're welcome!

Glad it's sorted for you 🙂

🙂

I use an iMac at work, and today I left the office while the OS was still running the update.. Will see tomorrow what would it look like 😮

Hopefully it's gone okay, but don't hesitate to post a new thread if you need help with it.

I just installed El Capitan and it completely killed my computer. I keep getting a kernel error to press a button to continue the reboot but nothing happens. I get the white apple on the black screen, then it immediately disappears. I can't even hear the computer booting up.

This install killed my computer. The keyboard won't work, I can't boot up, and the screen just stays completely black. Looks like it'll be an hour and a half trip to an Apple store.

-Max

Hi Max,

Please excuse my bad English. I think in German forums , unfortunately, no help for my problem . I too have serious problems after the installation of El Capitan . As with many others, will not boot my computer . I've already tried to reinstall the software on cmd r . No chance. I would be very happy if you could help me . The big problem is that I have no backup . A data loss due to format would be the worst ... Thanks in advance !!! Greeting Sebastian

-Max