El Capitan disconnect from Wifi

Hello!

I have a fresh El Capitan install on my iMac at work. The weird thing is that it will disconnect the known Wifi access point every few seconds. Sometimes it will connect again to it, sometimes will drop it and not connect again and somtimes will ask me to enter the password again.

I understand from other forums that this is well known issue with the beta version, but my copy is the official release from the app store and I wonder is there a workaround my situation?

Replies

Do you have any antivirus software installed?

Hi Max! No I don't have an antivirus running on this machine

I am able to connect to my Wifi and get a local IP, however I am not able to access the internet. All of my other devices are working fine which includes 3 iphones, 2 ipads, 4 laptops. Not sure what's going on. Interestingly, if I use my iPhone's personal hotspot for connectivity and my mac worksfine. I can't ping from the terminal either. another interesting thing is I am not able to ping my router 192.168.0.1 even though is shows that its connected. BTW I am able to ping from another windows laptop.

Hi, is there any solution for this? I also don't have antivirus. But can not connect with internet. This is a nightmere ... I install it on mac mini and new macbook. Both can't connect.

Do you know which channel you try to connect? How strong is the signal?

I went to:

1.- Network / Wifi / Advanced / TCP/IP / Configure IPv6/

2.- There I´ve marqued: "Local link only"

That worked for me.

Greetings!

HI,

This worked perfectly cheers!

I had the same issue per above, using Sky wifi and other Apple devices connected to it fine except my Mac Mini, but changing the network settings sorted it!

Tbanks,