Text Message Forwarding and Continuity

Hello All,

I've been popping in pretty recently and commenting on some posts regarding this issue; however, there seems to be no definitive fix.

I am just going to throw the question into the internet ether and hope Apple hears the cries of the community: what is going on with iMessages not functioning properly in OS X El Capitan Beta 10.11.1? Since I've updated—which I did about a week and a half ago—my Mac (Macbook Pro Retina 15in) has not sent or received a single message. Mind you, prior to this update, my Messages app worked phenomenally; the moment I installed the latest beta, the Messages app stopped working as intended. I've logged out of my iCloud account, and logged back in to my iCloud account. I've disabled Text Message Forwarding on my iPhone, and re-enabled it. I've moved the plists from the Preferences folder to the desktop in hopes of reestablishing the connection. I've even checked the email accounts on my iPhone and Mac to match sure they match, and they exactly mirror each other. I don't know what more I can do.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

If you are experiencing this as well, please continue to ask the same question and comment on each other's posts; I don't know what happened, but Apple needs to address this.

Thank you, all.

Replies

Hi JerBearXD,

Try updating to 10.11.1 Beta 2. If you're a dev you'll already have access to the update - if you're a Public Beta tester, then it will probably available to you via the App Store later today.

-Max