does not match installed application's application-identifier string

Sep 20 13:35:35 Davids-AppleWatch installd[35] <Error>: 0x1f084000 -[MIInstallableBundle performVerificationWithError:]: 1044: Upgrade's application-identifier entitlement string (ZNVB52L2P6.nz.co.DavidGWilson.TrafficCamNZ.watchkitapp) does not match installed application's application-identifier string (Q9T4XA67S6.nz.co.DavidGWilson.TrafficCamNZ.watchkitapp); rejecting upgrade.

Sep 20 13:35:35 Davids-AppleWatch installd[35] <Error>: 0x1f084000 -[MIInstaller performInstallationWithError:]: Verification stage failed

my id is: ZNVB52L2P6

I have no idea what this is: Q9T4XA67S6

This Application is in the AppStore. It's there now with iOS support and Apple Watch support (Watch OS 1).

I’ve converted the Xcode project from Watch OS 1 to Watch OS 2. Changed some code (a minor amount) for the OS update and depreciated functions.

It’s working in the simulator…

And… falls in a heap for the device installation.

- iOS application installs just fine

- Watch OS application installs and is then uninstalled

Anyone been here before?

Anyone resolved it?

- David

codesign -d --entitlements :- /Users/dgwilson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TrafficCamNZ-bylnpvgujjuvslbyucefmtlnxvhy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/TrafficCamNZ\ WatchKit\ App.app

Executable=/Users/dgwilson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TrafficCamNZ-bylnpvgujjuvslbyucefmtlnxvhy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/TrafficCamNZ WatchKit App.app/TrafficCamNZ WatchKit App

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>application-identifier</key>

<string>Q9T4XA67S6.nz.co.DavidGWilson.TrafficCamNZ.watchkitapp</string>

<key>aps-environment</key>

<string>development</string>

<key>com.apple.developer.team-identifier</key>

<string>ZNVB52L2P6</string>

<key>get-task-allow</key>

<true/>

<key>keychain-access-groups</key>

<array>

<string>Q9T4XA67S6.nz.co.DavidGWilson.TrafficCamNZ.watchkitapp</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

codesign -d --entitlements :- /Users/dgwilson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TrafficCamNZ-bylnpvgujjuvslbyucefmtlnxvhy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/TrafficCamNZ.app

Executable=/Users/dgwilson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TrafficCamNZ-bylnpvgujjuvslbyucefmtlnxvhy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/TrafficCamNZ.app/TrafficCamNZ

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>application-identifier</key>

<string>ZNVB52L2P6.nz.co.DavidGWilson.TrafficCamNZ</string>

<key>aps-environment</key>

<string>development</string>

<key>com.apple.developer.icloud-container-identifiers</key>

<array>

<string>ZNVB52L2P6.nz.co.catch22.TrafficCamNZ</string>

</array>

<key>com.apple.developer.icloud-services</key>

<array>

<string>CloudDocuments</string>

<string>CloudKit</string>

</array>

<key>com.apple.developer.team-identifier</key>

<string>ZNVB52L2P6</string>

<key>com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers</key>

<array>

<string>ZNVB52L2P6.nz.co.catch22.TrafficCamNZ</string>

</array>

<key>com.apple.security.application-groups</key>

<array>

<string>group.nz.co.DavidGWilson.TrafficCamNZ</string>

</array>

<key>get-task-allow</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

Accepted Reply

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/54889#54889

The answer is here... At the link above.

With the watch on Watch OS 2 - use the iPhone Watch application to reset the watch contents - **** the watch.

This worked for me ... it may take a while after the watch comes back online for all of the applications to complete reinstallation. The Application installation is now performing as expected.

- David

Replies

I'm running into the same issue. I know that the reason two prefixes are associated with my account is because one was created a long time ago before there were Team IDs then another was created with Team IDs were created/assigned. It seems as though Xcode chooses the wrong prefix. I don't believe we have any control over the AppID and any provisioning profile for .watchkitapp as opposed to the extension. I've tried explicitly setting the prefix in AppID for the extension and making sure the provisioning profile uses it but this warning/error seems to concern the watchkitapp, not the extension.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/54889#54889

The answer is here... At the link above.

With the watch on Watch OS 2 - use the iPhone Watch application to reset the watch contents - **** the watch.

This worked for me ... it may take a while after the watch comes back online for all of the applications to complete reinstallation. The Application installation is now performing as expected.

- David