Is it possible to use an LSR file for the app icon?

I cannot get Xcode to use my LSR file as the app icon. I can drag the three layers into an app icon group, but I wanted to experiment with more layers for the app icon.

Accepted Reply

You can have up to 5 layers. Select the icon in the asset catalog, open the attributes inspector in the right hand panel, and use the "+" button to add more layers to your image stack.

Replies

ok I figured it out. Dang that is a weird ui. I just drug the layers out of the LSR into the Small App Icon group and deleted the templated front/middle/back images

I wish you could explain this a little better - I'm in the same predicament and just can't get it.

You can have up to 5 layers. Select the icon in the asset catalog, open the attributes inspector in the right hand panel, and use the "+" button to add more layers to your image stack.

Carlso2 - What he described was dragging the LSR document into the asset catalog, and then dragging layers from the imported LSR over to the app icon image stack. Do this all in the left panel of the asset catalog view.